Blocked Drains Bournemouth & Poole
A blocked drain is a common problem, and at Maintain Drains, it’s something we can easily help with.
Is my drain blocked?
Drain blockage issues often worsen quickly and therefore show signs fast. Some tell-tale signs of a blocked drain include:
- A foul smell coming from drain – Smells are one of the earliest sign of a drain issue. If you notice an unusual odour coming from your drain, toilet, sink, shower or bath, don’t ignore it; smells often appear before visual signs of a blocked drain.
- Sounds coming from drain – Noticing a strange sound from your drains or pipes is another early warning sign of a potential issue. Gurgling noises occur when air is trapped and pushed through your drainage system. Noises may occur when flushing toilets, draining baths or showers or sinks.
- Sinks, toilets, showers and baths draining slower than normal – This sign is another common warning of a blocked drain. If after washing up, showering or bathing your drains are slow, there may be an obstruction stopping the water flowing as normal.
- Overflowing of drains – While this may seem obvious, it’s important to notice if there is any excess water flowing from your toilet, sink, bath, shower or outside drain, it could be caused by a blockage. In this case, it is important to seek advice from a drainage expert as soon as possible to resolve the issue and prevent your home or business being flooded.
Why are my drains blocked?
Drains can be blocked due to a huge range of issues, and it is often difficult to determine the reason for a blocked drain without investigating and resolving the issue. Drains could be blocked due to a simple blockage of hair, dirt and grease, or there could be a greater issue such as root ingress. If your home drainage system has pitch fibre pipes, you could be experiencing damaged pipes which could be deteriorating and causing a blockage. There could also be damage to the pipes or drains due to other factors such as animals in drains or damage and wear over time.
How to fix and prevent blocked drains
There are a few methods you can use to investigate and potentially fix a blocked drain. These include:
- Drain Rodding – This involves inserting a drain rod into the drain to disrupt and dislodge any dirt, hair or grease which may be causing an issue. This is a common and simple fix for bath and sink drainage issues, such as slow drainage or noises coming from these drains.
- CCTV Drain Surveys – CCTV Drainage surveys can give a clear image and view of anything that may be blocking your drains. If there is a fatberg, root ingress or damaged pipes, our high-quality CCTV cameras can quickly identify drain blockages.
- Drain Jetting – Drain Jetting involves using high-pressure water to unblock drains. Drain Jetting is ideal for blockages further down the pipe which rods may not be able to reach.
- Maintaining your drains – One easy way to prevent blocked drains is to care for and clean your drains regularly. Avoid putting grease or fats down your drains as these can build up and clog drains. You could also use a screen to ensure debris does not enter the drain. Contact a drainage specialist for advice on how to clean and maintain your drains.
When looking for a quick fix for a blocked drain, it’s important to remember that harsh abrasive cleaners can damage your drains and pipes, and potentially cause further issues. Chemical drain cleaners can be problematic, and home solutions such as baking soda and vinegar can be dangerous to both yourself and your drains. It’s always best to contact a plumber to find the best advice.
When to contact a professional
If you have noticed one or more signs your drains are blocked, it’s best to contact a drainage expert immediately. This is because blocked drains can develop quickly and cause further issues fast, including flooding, foul smells or slow drainage. Getting professional advice from the moment you notice a potential problem can help save you both time and money by diagnosing and resolving the issue as quickly as possible. Maintain Drains are happy to offer advice and quotes for any drainage issues you may be experiencing; simply give us a call on 01202 300040.
Blocked Drains Poole & Bournemouth
Maintain Drains are proud to serve Dorset and provide high quality, professional drainage solutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us on 01202 300040 for a free quote and advice on how to prevent or resolve a blocked drain. All our vans come equipped to deal with any drainage emergency and we will work with you to get your drains flowing normally as quickly as possible.
We offer fixed prices & no call out charges and all our work is fully guaranteed. Unlike some of our competitors, we do not have any hidden charges or try to sell you any other services.
We are a team of professionals who work around the clock to prevent blocked drains from becoming a further issue in your home or business. One of our friendly engineers will simply call and deal with your blocked drains or organise to repair the blockage.
• Call us now 01202 237234
• 24 hour call out – every day
• Fixed prices & no call out charges
• Work fully guaranteed
We offer drainage services in and around Dorset, including Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Blandford, Highcliffe, Bridport and other surrounding areas. Simply call us on 01202 300040 or request a callback to speak to our friendly team.