Blocked Kitchen Sink
Your kitchen sink is indispensable to your daily routine, but you don’t really appreciate it until something goes wrong. A blocked sink can be a disaster, as dishes stack up and cooking comes to a halt.
If the worse comes to the worst you could call us straight away and one of our friendly engineers will visit you and deal with the blocked sink problem speedily and efficiently. By calling 01202 300040 with fixed prices you’ll always know what you’ll pay up front and the problem with be dealt with.
But before you do, why not try to clear the blocked sink yourself with these couple of methods.
Method 1 – Unblock the kitchen sink with a plunger
Plungers are only a few pounds, readily available from DIY stores and can deal with most blockages.
1. Fill the sink partially full of hot water.
2. Position the plunger over the drain. If you have a double sink, then stuff a washcloth into the unclogged drain to ensure that the plunger’s pressure is focused on the clog.
3. Work the plunger up and down quickly. Pull the plunger off of the drain opening and see if the water starts to drain.
4. Continue using the plunger until the clog is dislodged.
Method 2 – Unblock a Kitchen Sink with Vinegar and Baking Soda
1. Put on a pair of rubber gloves. Use a bowl or a cup to bail standing water out of the sink. Pour the water into a bucket.
2. Push 1 cup of baking soda down the sink drain. Use a spatula to force the baking soda into the opening, if necessary.
3. Pour 1 cup of vinegar into the drain opening. Put the stopper into the sink so that the vinegar is forced toward the clog.
4. Wait 5 minutes to allow the solution to work on the clog. Run warm water into the sink to see if the clog disappears.
5. Pour 4 cups of boiling water down the drain if the warm water fails to work. If the sink is still clogged, then apply the baking soda and vinegar solution again.
Hopefully these methods will have cleared your blocked sink. If not were always here to help 24hrs a day, feel welcome to call us 01202 300040.