How To Fix A Blocked Sink
If your sink isn’t working properly, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Maintain Drains, we can offer you the best advice on how to fix a blocked sink. Reluctant to call a plumber? No problem. Find out how to fix a blocked sink with a few methods you can do yourself.
How to fix a Blocked Sink with Baking Soda and Vinegar
Drain cleaning products can be damaging to the environment. Baking soda and vinegar are an eco-friendly alternative to drain cleaners. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to fix a blocked sink with baking soda and vinegar:
- Pour a kettle of boiling water down your sink.
- Put approximately 8 tablespoons of baking soda down the sink and leave for a few minutes.
- Then, pour a mixture of 250ml of vinegar and 250ml boiling water down the sink.
- Cover the sink hole at leave it for 5-10 minutes.
- Finally, pour another kettle of boiling water down the sink.
This solution will soften any waste that might be in your sink and loosen it from your sink. A final rinse will make sure all of the blockage is cleared.
Use a Plunger
A plunger can also be a great way to fix a blocked sink. This method is very simple and does not require any other products.
- Start by making sure the plunger is completely covering the plug hole of your sink, making sure that all other outlets are plugged with wet rags.
- Making sure the plunger is help upright, plunge vigorously until the blockage is cleared.
Use Drain Cleaning Chemicals
There are plenty of strong cleaning chemicals which are designed to unblock drains. These products can be effective when attempting to unblock a sink. Using chemicals is usually a quick and affordable method of unblocking a sink. However, there are issues with that arise with using chemicals to clear your drains. Repeated use can cause damage to your drainage pipes and drain cleaners and not eco-friendly.
None of these methods working?
Although these method are effective at clearing sink blockages, you may find they are not effective, especially with a heavily clogged drain. But don’t worry, our team of qualified professionals are ready to sort any serious blockages you have with our Drain Unblocking service. Regular maintenance of your drains is advised to further prevent your sink from clogging. For any questions about how to fix a blocked sink, or for a free quote on our drainage services, contact us or call 01202 300040.